Yes people, I know you’ll find this hard to believe – especially since I’ve made more than just a few empty promises in the last couple of months (and also, it’s been so long that I couldn’t remember how to log in to my account)…. but I am finally BACK! Why? Well first of all, why the hell not? Secondly, I’m a writer and writers write. Thirdly, there are actually people who have been harassing me to write. Imagine – me being the harassee, instead of the harasser. Shocking, I know. Lastly, I’m back because my good friend Jill over at Thypolarlife has bestowed upon me, an award. An AWARD people! It’s so nice to know that some people value my presence in their lives as well as in the blogosphere (especially when said blogger has been AWOL for umm…. a few months). Thank you Jill – you rock!
Now, in order to accept/pass on this award, I need to answer a few questions. Usually I skip that part and pretend I didn’t know about it, but this is my big comeback so I figure I should at least make the effort. But first, this is what the award looks like:
Admittedly, it’s a lovely award. But I much prefer this image – which, if you know me/have read me, you will agree, is much more befitting:
Alrighty, let’s get on with the Q&A portion of the show. This should be educational for anyone who is just ‘meeting’ me. Oh wait, does anyone even know I exist? Anyway, moving along…
1) Favorite color: It took me seven years to pick a paint color for my yoga room because I have a fear of committing to colors =-D But in general, I’m a blue or orange kinda gal. Except when it comes to clothes – I prefer black for that slimming effect.
2) Favorite animal: I’ve got two – dogs and elephants. My favorite dog is the German Shepherd, and I currently have a black, long-haired girly-girl who goes by the name of Tosca (yes, she’s a German Shepherd even though she’s black as night). I also love elephants because to me, they are calm, peaceful and serene creatures with their own unique personalities. Also, I’ve always felt an affinity toward the Hindu God, Ganesh. Of course, he’s a whole other kind of elephant ’cause he’s got four arms and wears jewelry.
3) Favorite number: I can’t say I really have one. Whenever I receive one of those chain emails that I only fill out if I’m bored, I always pick 2 to avoid having to send the damn thing to 500 people.
4) Favorite non-alcoholic beverage: I’ve grown quite fond of Lattes in my not-so-old age. Skim, no foam and extra hot!
5) Facebook or Twitter: Both promote social voyeurism and feed many peoples’ egos. Both annoy the shit out of me. Having said that, I guess I’ll go with Facebook, only because I look at my page more often then I Tweet. But Twitter is less annoying.
6) My passion: Do I really have to answer this? Music, of course! Namely, U2 – but my musical interests are extremely diversified and I do consider my knowledge to be above par. In addition to music, writing and photography + my yoga practice are equal passions.
7) Getting or Giving Presents: I love to give presents, but I suck at keeping gifts a surprise. It’s like the 5-year old inside of me is dying to get out each and every time – if I can make it to gift day without spilling the beans, it’s a real miracle (ask my mom). But, I also love to receive presents. I think I should receive more. OK people, what are you waiting for?
8) Favorite pattern: Umm…. I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve reached the age where patterns matter – but I agree with Thypolar: male-patterned baldness is definitely up there. Oh, I do like the pattern of my middle finger when I flip off arseholes. Does that count?
9) Favorite Day of the Week: One where I’m not at work. ‘Nuff said.
10) Favorite Flower: Gerber daisies. They’ve got so much punch, it’s impossible not to love’em. Plus they smell good.
And this concludes my Award acceptance Q&A. In my next post (yes, there will be another – maybe even this week!), I’ll catch y’all up on what I’ve been doing instead of blogging. In the meantime, spread the word – the train-hater is back!
To conclude my first post of 2012 (and hopefully not my last), I’m going to nominate these 3 fellow bloggers:
Jamie over at All Things Finkybee because she’s got spunk and is almost as sarcastic as me.
Jinny over at Peddler of Dreams because she’s full of sunshine, all the time.
Bram over at Connect to the Sky because he is the light. Bram is too cool to accept the award but I’m still giving it to him. More on Bram in upcoming posts (you are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e…..!).